West Lodge School is housed in a beautiful Victorian building that has been sympathetically updated and extended for 21st century teaching and learning.
Original features are blended with modern, light spaces for teaching, learning, exploring, playing and sport. The school boasts:
- Brand new all weather sports pitch.
- A light and bright Art Room, nestled in the eaves of the building.
- Fully equipped Computer Suite with three 3D printers, plus a bank of iPads, full set of micro:bits!, Raspberry Pis and full set of Crumble Programming Units.
- A multipurpose space for specialist teaching, that can be transformed into a space for Food Technology and Science. As well as an additional school hall, rehearsal and performance space. It is also the base for our wraparound care provision.
- New outdoor learning area for Nursery and Reception children.
- Well-stocked Library.
- Hall for performances, assemblies, lunch and indoor PE.
- A music room and practice room, providing space for peripatetic music lessons.
- Outdoor climbing area and play equipment.
- Sensory area.
- Use of full sports facilities - football/rugby pitches, tennis courts, running track, cricket nets. Additionally, children swim at a local pool.