Website Privacy and Cookies Policy
This document explains how we collect, use and store information collected from our website. It relates to information provided by website users and also the cookies that we use on our website.
Categories of information that we collect and hold:
- Information you provide as part of any enquiry you make regarding West Lodge School.
- Information submitted on our Registration Form.
- Information provided when you register for an event/to receive updates/to download a prospectus.
- Information you provide if you apply for a job at West Lodge School.
This may include, but is not limited to, your name and contact information and details about your child.
We will only collect personal data when we have your explicit consent to do so. All personal data is managed in accordance with our obligations as a Data Controller.
We use this information to:
- Respond to any enquiries you make.
- Register you for an event.
- Process school admissions.
- To provide you with information about West Lodge School we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Review and respond to job applications.
- Gather stories about former pupils’ time at West Lodge and their post West Lodge journeys.
- Deliver our website to you and also to review, develop or improve it.
- Help us to understand which content on our website is popular.
- Analyse how you use the website (if you specifically agree to this).
- Provide visitors with a tailored service by displaying relevant content to enhance their website experience.
How your information is used, stored and managed
Information you provide is used, stored and managed in line with West Lodge School’s Data Protection Policy.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for boxes that you can tick to tell us your preferences.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to our Bursar, who is our Privacy Officer.
- The Bursar may be contacted by telephone 020 8300 2489 or email firstname.lastname@example.org r by post to West Lodge School, 36 Station Road, Sidcup, Kent DA15 7DU.
When do we share your information?
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, but only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
How can you access your personal data?
You have a right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you. If you would like to request a copy of your personal data, please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please let us know as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will request consent in a cookies banner or popup box prior to gathering data. We will not be able to identify you from the information we collect using these technologies. This data is not linked to you as an individual, unless you choose to provide us with additional information.
For further information about cookies please visit: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/
How to turn off cookies
You can change your browser settings if you do not want to accept cookies.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites.
They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.